CAT 2017 Question Paper | Quants Slot 2

CAT Previous Year Paper | CAT Percentages Questions | Question 5

The best questions to practice for CAT Exam are the actual CAT Question Papers. 2IIM offers you exactly that, in a student friendly format to take value from this. If you would like to take the same inside a testing engine (for Free) head out here: CAT Official Question Mocks. In CAT 2017 we saw some beautiful questions that laid emphasis on Learning ideas from basics and being able to comprehend more than remembering gazillion formulae and shortcuts. Original CAT Question paper is the best place to start off your CAT prep practice. This page provides exactly that. To check out about 1000 CAT Level questions with detailed video solutions for free, go here: CAT Question Bank

Question 5 : Out of the shirts produced in a factory, 15% are defective, while 20% of the rest are sold in the domestic market. If the remaining 8840 shirts are left for export, then the number of shirts produced in the factory is

  1. 13600
  2. 13000
  3. 13400
  4. 14000

2IIM : Best Online CAT Coaching


2IIM's Online CAT Coaching
Get CAT Last Mile Prep Course for 799 /-
CAT Online Coaching


Video Explanation


Best CAT Coaching in Chennai


CAT Coaching in Chennai - CAT 2020
Starts Sat, November 2nd, 2019


Explanatory Answer

Method of solving this CAT Question from Percentages

Given that in a shirt factory , 15% of the shirts produced are defective so 85% are non defective.
From this remaining 85% non defective shirts, 20% are sold in domestic market and the remaining 80% are left for export which is equal to 8840 shirts i.e. 80% of 85% of x = 8840
⟹ \\frac{4}{5}) × \\frac{17}{20})x = 8840
⟹ x = 13000
The number of shirts produced in the factory is 13000

The question is "Out of the shirts produced in a factory, 15% are defective, while 20% of the rest are sold in the domestic market. If the remaining 8840 shirts are left for export, then the number of shirts produced in the factory is"

Hence, the answer is 13000

Choice B is the correct answer

 

CAT Questions | CAT Quantitative Aptitude

CAT Questions | CAT DILR

CAT Questions | Verbal Ability for CAT


Where is 2IIM located?

2IIM Online CAT Coaching
A Fermat Education Initiative,
58/16, Indira Gandhi Street,
Kaveri Rangan Nagar, Saligramam, Chennai 600 093

How to reach 2IIM?

Phone: (91) 44 4505 8484
Mobile: (91) 99626 48484
WhatsApp: WhatsApp Now
Email: prep@2iim.com