There definitely is a trade-off when it comes to cracking the data of difficult and easy sets. With the former having easy questions and the latter comprising of hard questions. Though cracking the data of this data Interpretation set is wee trouble. One can expect questions straightforward like this one where you just plug in the values or data from the data derived. Solve this question from the 2018 CAT previous year paper.Give your online preparation for CAT a boost by preparing with 2IIM Online CAT Coaching.
Adriana, Bandita, Chitra, and Daisy are four female students, and Amit, Barun, Chetan, and Deb are four male students. Each of them studies in one of three institutes - X, Y, and Z. Each student majors in one subject among Marketing, Operations, and Finance, and minors in a different one among these three subjects. The following facts are known about the eight students:
1. Three students are from X, three are from Y, and the remaining two students, both female, are from Z.
2. Both the male students from Y minor in Finance, while the female student from Y majors in Operations.
3. Only one male student majors in Operations, while three female students minor in Marketing.
4. One female and two male students major in Finance.
5. Adriana and Deb are from the same institute. Daisy and Amit are from the same institute.
6. Barun is from Y and majors in Operations. Chetan is from X and majors in Finance.
7. Daisy minors in Operations.
Question 2 : Which subject does Deb minor in?
Let us call the females A, B, C and D; and the males AM, BR, C10 and DB.
We know that there are 2 males and one female each in X and Y and two females in Z.
Female in Institute Y cannot be Daisy.
So, Daisy should be from institute X. So, Amit should also be from institute X.
A and DB should be from Y. So, B and C should be from Z.
We get the minors or A, B and C.
AM majors in Fin. Only one male student majors in Ops. Two male students major in Fin, so the last male student, DB should have majored in Marketing.
Now, with this let us move on to the questions.
From the above table we can see that Deb minors in Finance.
The question is "Which subject does Deb minor in?"
Choice C is the correct answer.
CAT® (Common Admission Test) is a registered trademark of the Indian Institutes of Management. This website is not endorsed or approved by IIMs.
2IIM Online CAT Coaching
A Fermat Education Initiative,
58/16, Indira Gandhi Street,
Kaveri Rangan Nagar, Saligramam, Chennai 600 093