The best questions to practice for XAT Exam are the actual XAT Question Papers. 2IIM offers you exactly that, in a student friendly format to take value from this. In XAT 2019 we saw some beautiful questions that laid emphasis on Learning ideas from basics and being able to comprehend more than remembering gazillion formulae and shortcuts. Original XAT Question paper is the best place to start off your XAT prep practice. This page provides exactly that. To check out about 1000 CAT Level questions with detailed video solutions for free, go here: CAT Question Bank
Question 5 : Read the following statements and answer the question that follows:
1. They subjected the residues from sherds of the rhyta- vessels to radiocarbon dating to determine their ages and chromatography - mass spectrometry (GC-MS) - to identify their structure and isotopic composition and found that the vessels were used to store cheese.
2. In many Neolithic sites near the Adriatic Sea, researchers unearthed cone-shaped clay vessels, known as rhyta, with four legs on the bottom and a round opening on the side.
3. Fresh milk couldn’t be kept for long without going bad; cheese, on the other hand, could be stored for months at a time, providing much-needed calories to early farmers between harvests.
4. Archaeologists who used to assume animals such as cows and goats were mainly used for meat early in their domestication history are thus forced to admit that humans might have been using animals for dairy quite early in their domestication history.
5. “If you kill one cow, you eat meat for about a week until it goes off; but by milking the animals, the farmer would be spreading the food gain from that animal over several months rather than just one week”
Rank the above five statements so as to make it a logical sequence:
Statement 2 talks about researchers finding clay vessels called as rhyta and statement 1 talks about subjecting this vessel to radiocarbon dating and finding that it was used to store cheese. So statement 2 and 1 are consecutive.
Now that we have introduced cheese, statement 3 talking about why cheese is stored in these vessels is the best follow sentence to statement 1. So the order now is 2,1,3.
Statement 4 is a closing sentence, as it would conclude the passage well. So it must be the last sentence in the sequence. Hence the correct order of sentences is 2,1,3,5,4
Choice D is the correct answer.
Classroom Batches Starting Now! @Gopalapuram
Attend a Demo Class
CAT Questions | Ratios, Mixtures, Averages
CAT Questions | Time Speed and Distance, Races
CAT Questions | Logarithms & Exponents
CAT Questions | Pipes Cisterns, Work Time
CAT Questions | Coordinate-Geometry
CAT 2017 DILR Slot 2 | Pizzeria
CAT 2017 DILR Slot 2 | Electives
Verbal Ability for CAT | CAT Reading Comprehension
Verbal Ability for CAT| CAT Para Jumble
Verbal Ability for CAT | CAT Sentence Elimination
Verbal Ability for CAT | CAT Paragraph Completion
Copyrights © All Rights Reserved by 2IIM.com - A Fermat Education Initiative.
CAT® (Common Admission Test) is a registered trademark of the Indian Institutes of Management. This website is not endorsed or approved by IIMs.
2IIM Online CAT Coaching
A Fermat Education Initiative,
58/16, Indira Gandhi Street,
Kaveri Rangan Nagar, Saligramam, Chennai 600 093
Mobile: (91) 99626 48484 / 94459 38484
WhatsApp: WhatsApp Now
TANCET Coaching Centres in Chennai
TANCET Previous Year Question Papers
NCERT Solution for Class 10 Maths
CBSE Sample Papers for class 10