IIM Indore is one of the premier B-Schools in India. IIM Indore pioneered the Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) in 2011 with the objective to create highly skilled and socially responsible managers. IPM is meant for students completing their 12th examinations with an aspiration for a career in business management. IPMAT is the entrance examination for the IPM program. The IPMAT 2022 exam is scheduled for July 2, 2022 (Saturday) from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon. Subsequently, It will be conducted across 34 cities (tentatively) in the country.
IPMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The IPMAT exam consists of two subjects tested under three separate sections. Consequently, the pattern for IPMAT 2022 Exam is presented below
- Quantitative Aptitude (Multiple Choice Questions – MCQ)
- Quantitative Aptitude (Short Answer Questions – SA)
- Verbal Ability (Multiple Choice Questions – MCQ)
|Section||Time Duration||Total Questions (Tentative)||Score Weightage||Type of Questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40 Minutes||40||25%||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Quantitative Aptitude (SA)||40 Minutes||20||25%||Short Answer Question (SA)|
|Verbal Ability||40 Minutes||40||50%||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
IPMAT 2022 Marking Scheme
Firstly, all 100 questions will carry a total of 4 marks for a correct answer. So, for MCQ questions, there’s a negative marking of -1 in case you get it wrong. Secondly, non-MCQ questions in Verbal also carry a negative marking of -1. Further, only for Quant Short Answer questions, there’s no negative marking. Subsequently, there’s no penalty for unanswered questions. However, candidates must answer the sections in a pre-specified order and this order will remain the same for all the candidates. In addition, candidates cannot jump from one section to another
|Section||Total Questions (Tentative)||Total Marks||Marks (For correct answer)||Negative Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude (SA)||20||80||4||0|
IPMAT 2022 Exam Syllabus
Meanwhile, IIM Indore does not release any information regarding the IPMAT 2022 exam syllabus. However, based on the questions that have appeared in the past examination, we can tentatively chart out a syllabus for IPMAT.
- Arithmetic – Percentages, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Averages, Ratio & Proportion, Mixtures, Speed, Time, & Distance, Races, Work & Time, Partnerships
- Number Theory and Modern Math – Factors, Factorials, Digits, Reminders, HCF & LCM, Set Theory, Logarithm, Permutation and Combination, Probability
- Algebra – Linear and Quadratic Equations, Roots, Surds, & Indices, Polynomials, Inequalities, Functions, & Geometric Progression, Algebraic Formulae
- Geometry – Lines, Angles, Triangles, Circles, Polygons, Quadrilaterals, Mensuration, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry
- Matrices & Determinants and Data Interpretation
- Reading Comprehension – 1 or 2 passages in English, followed by 4 to 6 questions each
- Verbal Ability – Paragraph Completion, Para Jumble (Sentence re-arrangement), Inference-based passages
- Grammar & Vocabulary – Word Usage, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Etymology, Idioms & Phrases, Analogies, Antonyms-Synonyms
- Sentence Correction – Subject-Verb Agreement, Noun and Pronoun Errors, Preposition and Conjunctions, Tenses, Modifier Errors, Parallelism, etc
IPMAT 2022 Exam weightage for Final Selection
To clarify, for final admission in the IPM program, IPMAT sectional weightage is as follows:
- Weightage of IPMAT 2022 Aptitude Test Score (ATS) = 65%
- Weightage of Personal Assessment (PA) = 35%
- Composite Score (CS)- Sum of above= 100%
Therefore, by knowing and analyzing the exam pattern of IPMAT 2022 presented above, you can formulate clear-cut strategies and then accordingly prepare for the examination.
All the best for IPMAT 2022!