JIPMAT (Joint Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test) is being conducted first time by NTA (National Testing Agency). To clarify, JIPMAT 2022 exam is meant to admit students in the newly introduced Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) by IIM Jammu and IIM Bodh Gaya. In short, the five-year IPM is a unique and creative program meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. Moreover, it aims at producing contextually relevant, socially-conscious managers and leaders with a foundation of world-class education in social sciences followed by management education.
The JIPMAT 2022 exam is scheduled for 3rd July 2022 (Sunday – 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM). Subsequently, it will be conducted across 78 cities (tentatively) in the country. In addition, the JIPMAT 2022 exam will be held in an online mode i.e., Computer Based Test. However, the JIPMAT 2022 registration date has been extended to 15th June 2022.
JIPMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The JIPMAT 2022 examination will consist of 3 separate sections which include Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
|Section||Time Duration||Total Questions (Tentative)||Type of Questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||–||33||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||–||33||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||–||34||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
JIPMAT 2022 Marking Scheme
Firstly, all the 100 questions will be of MCQ type and each question will carry 4 marks along with a penalty of 1 mark for each incorrect attempt. Therefore, if you get the right answer, you get a +4, and a -1 if you get the wrong answer. However, JIPMAT 2022 has No Sectional Time Limit. Therefore, you can attempt any question from any section during the overall time limit of 100 minutes.
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Marks |
(For correct answer)
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||136||4||-1|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||33||132||4||-1|
JIPMAT 2022 Exam Syllabus
To clarify, NTA (National Testing Agency) does not release any information regarding the JIPMAT 2022 exam syllabus. However, based on the questions that have appeared in the past examination, we can tentatively chart out a syllabus for JIPMAT.
- Arithmetic – Percentages, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Averages, Ratio & Proportion, Mixtures, Speed, Time, & Distance, Races, Work & Time, Partnerships
- Number Theory and Modern Math – Factors, Factorials, Digits, Reminders, HCF & LCM, Set Theory, Logarithm, Permutation and Combination, Probability
- Algebra – Linear and Quadratic Equations, Roots, Surds, & Indices, Polynomials, Inequalities, Functions, & Geometric Progression, Algebraic Formulae
- Geometry – Lines, Angles, Triangles, Circles, Polygons, Quadrilaterals, Mensuration, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension – 1 or 2 passages in English, followed by 4 to 6 questions each
- Verbal Ability – Paragraph Completion, Para Jumble (Sentence re-arrangement), Inference-based passages
- Grammar & Vocabulary – Word Usage, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Etymology, Idioms & Phrases, Analogies, Antonyms-Synonyms
- Sentence Correction – Subject-Verb Agreement, Noun and Pronoun Errors, Preposition and Conjunctions, Tenses, Modifier Errors, Parallelism, etc
Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation
- Basic LR – Logical Sequence Series, Coding, Arrangements, Blood Relations, Input & Output, Binary Logic
- Standard LR Sets – Games and Tournaments, Cubes and Visual Puzzles, Word Problems, Sequencing, Grid Puzzles, Linear and Circular Seating Arrangements, etc
- Visual Puzzles – Cubes and Dices, Venn Diagrams
- Sentence Correction – Critical Reasoning, Statements, and Conclusions, Syllogisms, True or False, etc.
JIPMAT 2022 weightage for Final Selection
To clarify, for final admission to the IPM program at IIM Jammu, JIPMAT 2022 sectional weightage is as follows:
- Weightage of JIPMAT 2022 Score = 60%
- Weightage of Class 10th Marks = 15%
- Weightage of Class 12th Marks = 15%
- Weightage to Gender diversity (Female to get 10 points; Male=0 point) = 10%
On the other hand, for final admission to the IPM program at IIM Bodh Gaya, JIPMAT 2022 sectional weightage is as follows:
- Weightage of JIPMAT 2022 Score = 100%
In conclusion, by knowing and analyzing the exam pattern of JIPMAT 2022 presented above, you can formulate clear-cut strategies and then accordingly prepare for the examination.
So, all the best for JIPMAT 2022!
Leave a Reply