IIM Rohtak started the Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) in 2019, for students who want to pursue a career in Business Management after completing their 12th standard. The 5-year IPM course is designed with the objective of nurturing outstanding versatile individuals with knowledge and experience in diverse domains. IPMAT is the entrance examination for the IPM program. The IPMAT 2022 exam is scheduled for June 26th, 2022 (Sunday) from 02.00 PM to 04.00 PM. It will be conducted across 28 cities (tentatively) in the country.
IPMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The IPMAT exam conducted by IPM Rohtak usually tests candidates on 3 sections – Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude. Subsequently, most of the portion that gets tested will be between the 6th to 10th standard.
|Section||Time Duration||Total Questions (Tentative)||Type of Questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40 Minutes||40||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||40 Minutes||40||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Minutes||40||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
IPMAT 2022 Marking Scheme
Firstly, all the 120 questions will be of MCQ type and you will be given 4 options to choose from for every question. Secondly, every question carries either +4 or -1 marks. Therefore, if you get the right answer, you get a +4, and a -1 if you get the wrong answer. Also, there’s no penalty for unanswered questions.
|Section||Total Questions (Tentative)||Total Marks||Marks (For correct answer)||Negative Marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||40||160||4||-1|
IPMAT 2022 Syllabus
IIM Rohtak does not release any information regarding the exact syllabus for the IPMAT 2022 exam. However, based on the questions that have appeared in the past examination, we can tentatively chart out a syllabus for IPMAT.
- Arithmetic – Percentages, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Averages, Ratio & Proportion, Mixtures, Speed, Time, & Distance, Races, Work & Time, Partnerships
- Number Theory and Modern Math – Factors, Factorials, Digits, Reminders, HCF & LCM, Set Theory, Logarithm, Permutation and Combination, Probability
- Algebra – Linear and Quadratic Equations, Roots, Surds, & Indices, Polynomials, Inequalities, Functions, & Geometric Progression, Algebraic Formulae
- Geometry – Lines, Angles, Triangles, Circles, Polygons, Quadrilaterals, Mensuration, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry
- Reading Comprehension – 1 or 2 passages in English, followed by 4 to 6 questions each
- Verbal Ability – Paragraph Completion, Para Jumble (Sentence re-arrangement), Inference-based passages
- Grammar & Vocabulary – Word Usage, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Etymology, Idioms & Phrases, Analogies, Antonyms-Synonyms
- Sentence Correction – Subject-Verb Agreement, Noun and Pronoun Errors, Preposition and Conjunctions, Tenses, Modifier Errors, Parallelism, etc
- Basic LR – Logical Sequence Series, Coding, Arrangements, Blood Relations, Input & Output, Binary Logic
- Standard LR Sets – Games and Tournaments, Cubes and Visual Puzzles, Word Problems, Sequencing, Grid Puzzles, Linear and Circular Seating Arrangements, etc
- Visual Puzzles – Cubes and Dices, Venn Diagrams
- Sentence Correction – Critical Reasoning, Statements, and Conclusions, Syllogisms, True or False, etc.
IPMAT 2022 Exam weightage for Final Selection
In addition, for final admission in the IPMAT programme, sectional weightage is as follows:
- Weightage of IPMAT 2022 Aptitude Test Score (ATS) = 45%
- Weightage of Personal Assessment (PA) = 15%
- Past Academics (10th & 12th) = 40% (20% for each)
Therefore, by knowing and analyzing the exam pattern of IPMAT 2022 presented above, you can formulate clear-cut strategies and then accordingly prepare for the examination.
All the best for IPMAT 2022!