CAT 2021 admit card has been released on IIMCAT website. This means you have a little over 30 days at your disposal before the D-day knocks at your doors.
How do you download your CAT admit card? How do you prepare for the exam with a month to go? Let’s dive in and explore!!
Before that though if you feel too much pressure is building up within you, especially after this admit card release, you have to tell yourself that you’re not alone. Relax!!
How to download CAT 2021 admit card?
- Go to the IIMCAT website.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button under the ‘Registered Candidate login’ option.
- Enter your User ID and password.
- Login and download your admit card.
After downloading the admit card, verify that the information mentioned in it are correct. On the exam day, candidates must carry the CAT admit card 2021 along with a valid photo ID proof and a hard copy of the photograph that you have uploaded in your application form. These documents are required to get entry to the exam venue.
The address and the map location of the exam venue and other information will be mentioned on the admit card.
Covid -19 guidelines for Candidates
Same as last year, there are a few restrictions that you have to follow this year as well. Don’t forget to wear your masks and take a bottle of sanitizer. Also, don’t forget to wear gloves and take your pens with you.
What should be your preparation plan and strategy from now on?
The essence of your preparation now can be captured by a five letter word – MOCKS. Take loads of mocks. With 30 days to go, you should be looking at taking anywhere between 10 and 15 mocks before the D – day.
We understand that, taking mocks and ending up getting slapped almost every single time is not easy. Which is why CAT is not just a test of your intelligence but that of endurance and perseverance as well.
There are bunch of articles that have been tailored specifically for mocks. That covers a broad spectrum of idea taking mocks, and analyzing them
- How to bounce back from the unpredictable blows of mock tests
- How to manage 2 hours mocks
- How to improve stagnating mock scores | Best mock taking strategy
- How to review mock CATs: A 3-step process
- The truth about mock CATs and percentiles
CAT 2021 admit card, time slots, and mocks
The admit card gives you the slot time during which you will be taking the examination, and your examination center and city. Start taking mocks at the exact same time slot as mentioned in your admit card.
You could be a person with sleeping-late-at-night-waking-up-late-in-the-morning routine and you could be allotted the 9 am slot. Taking mocks at that specific time helps you in conditioning and ensures you plan your day and sleep cycle, accordingly.
A final note!
- Train yourself – by enough and more practice – to sit through the two hours of a mock. Get yourself ready for the time slot you have been allotted.
- Do not go on a mock spree without analyzing your earlier mocks. There is NO hard-and-fast rule that states, “If you take a mock every other day, then you are destined for a 99+ percentile.”
- This is the time to consolidate topics. Do not try to load yourself with new topics now. Instead, focus on how best you can maximize your mock score with the areas of strengths.
Watch this video to know What are the things to look for once you download your admit card!!
Stay safe, download your admit card, and best wishes for CAT 2021!!
Abhishek Mukherjee works for 2IIM. Apart from solving interesting math questions he likes to eat biriyani and watch movies.