Think about MBA in International Business and the name of IIFT or the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade comes to mind. To join the MBA in International Programme at IIFT, candidates have to appear for IIFT MBA entrance exam. So, let’s find out what is IIFT MBA exam and other important details about it.
What is IIFT Entrance Exam?
IIFT MBA entrance exam is an institute level test that is conducted to screen students for admission to the MBA programmes offered by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade at its campuses in Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada. Generally, the test is conducted in the month of December and about 60,000 students appear for the IIFT MBA exam every year.
Students intake for the academic year 2022-23
|Campus||No of seats|
Who can appear for the IIFT Exam?
MBA aspirants who are planning to apply for the IIFT MBA exam must hold a valid Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration. Additionally, the institute has also prescribed that applicants must have aggregate 50% marks at degree level to be eligible to appear for the entrance test. Final year students who are expecting their Degree Results can also apply for the IIFT MBA exam. There is no defined age limit for IIFT MBA entrance exam applicants.
IIFT Exam pattern
The IIFT MBA consists of 110 multiple choice objective type questions (MCQs) which are asked from 4 key sections
- Reading comprehension & Verbal Ability
- Logical reasoning & Data interpretation
- Quantitative Analysis
- General Knowledge
|Section||Name||No of Questions||Marks/Q||Max marks|
|Section 1||Reading comprehension & Verbal Ability||35||3||105|
|Section 2||Logical reasoning & Data interpretation||30||3||90|
|Section 3||Quantitative Analysis||25||3||75|
|Section 4||General Knowledge||20||1.5||30|
IIFT 2021 Paper : At a glance
Reading Comprehension & Verbal Ability
|Topic||No of Questions||Level Of difficulty|
|Match the synonym||2||Easy|
|Synonyms (Root words)||5||Moderate|
|One word substitution||4||Easy|
|Crossword & Synonyms||3||Easy|
Logical Reasoning & Data interpretation
|Topic||No of questions||Level of difficulty|
|DI Set 1 – Table based DI||4||Moderate|
|DI Set 2 – Table & Pie Chart based||4||Difficult and Calculation Heavy|
|DI Set 3 – Line & Stack Based||4||Very Difficult|
|DI Set 4 – Line and Bar Graph Based||4||Moderate and Lengthy|
|LR Set 1 – Seating Arrangement||4||Easy but Lengthy|
|LR Set 2 – Calendar Based||2||Easy|
|LR Set 3 – Tournament Based||4||Difficult|
|Topic||No of Questions||Level Of Difficulty|
|Arithmetic||11||Easy – moderate|
|Topic||No of questions|
Significance of IIFT exam
IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) offers a prestigious MBA programme in International Business Management which is a foundational course proliferating the development of candidate’s acumen in the field of International Business. Here is why MBA IB is considered to be one of the most promising and highly significant domains:
- MBA International Business encapsulates important management activities like foreign Exchange, custom regulations, trade analytics, international marketing, international logistics and sensitivity of the international business environment. This program focuses on areas and disciplines which are related to international business and exposure to foreign investment opportunities and broadening the company’s markets.
- MBA (IB) is a six-trimester general management programme and the syllabi for the same compares favorably with the syllabi of some of the world’s best International Business Schools.
IIFT Exam 2022 Important dates
- The IIFT Exam 2022 Notification is expected to be released in August or September 2021 by NTA (National Testing Agency), the test conducting body. Following the IIFT Exam 2022 Notification, the IIFT Exam 2022 Registration will begin (generally within the same week).
- The IIFT 2022 Exam will be conducted on 5 December 2021.
Abhishek Mukherjee works for 2IIM. Apart from solving interesting math questions he likes to eat biriyani and watch movies.
Leave a Reply