The XAT 2021 Admit Card has been released on their website. The XAT is a shot at redemption for many CAT Aspirants or those looking to get into XLRI Schools. What are the instructions that the admit card provides for the candidates? How can you make sure you are safe during the examination and what instructions do you have to follow w.r.t to COVID-19? Read on and find out!
XAT 2021 Admit Card – Instructions
1. Candidates should bring the admit card along with any one of the following valid photo ID proof. (Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Valid college ID Card/Passport/Driving License/Employee ID Card).
Print your XAT 2021 Admit Card out and carry any of the ID Proofs mentioned above. Download your admit card here.
2 . In case of any discrepancy in the photograph, the candidate should bring one recent passport size photograph.
Forget one, have 2-3 passport size photographs (recent ones) and carry it with you in case you need it.
3. The admit card with original ID card as mentioned in point no.1 is valid only on the exam date and time.
4. Requests for change of the test center will not be considered.
This one is an oldie when it comes to management exams such as the CAT and the XAT.
5. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the test center after the gate closure time (9:20 AM).
Definitely plan ahead and make the route once (if you can) before the exam. It will help you figure out how to structure your time in order to make it to the exam in time.
6. Your candidature for the entrance examination is “PURELY PROVISIONAL”. In case, it is found that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, candidature of such candidate is liable to be rejected at later stage.
7. Possession and use of electronic devices/jewelry/jackets/calculators/watch or items containing metal are strictly prohibited inside the test center premises. Simple dressing with plain cardigans/sweaters are recommended.
Definitely repress your Inner Pinocchio and bid adieu to these items before leaving for the exam.
8. At test center entry you have to undergo a mandatory frisking activity, an objectionable item (if any) is identified, you would be requested to leave it behind before entering the test center. Candidates showing non-cooperation may get barred from appearing for the test.
The guards and staff are just doing their job, so cooperate as much as you can. Go through the process and keep your eyes on the exam.
9. Candidates will be allowed to login to their respective system 10 minutes prior to the exam commencement. The candidate can go through the instructions during this duration.
While it may seem unnecessary to go through the instructions while your nervousness spikes, it may very well help you reinforce the idea of the exam interface. Try it out if you must.
10. Guardians/relatives/friends accompanying the candidates are not allowed inside the test center.
11. Rough sheets and a pen will be provided to the candidates inside the examination lab.
Pens weren’t provided during the CAT for safety reasons but they are being provided in the XAT. Do sanitise your hands after being handed the pen.
12 . Please submit the admit card, rough sheets to the invigilator after the exam.
13. Decision of venue officials will be final.
XAT 2021 Admit Card Important Instructions for Candidates on COVID-19
1. Candidates must maintain social distancing starting from point of entry in the exam venue till his/her exit from the exam venue.
For your sake, as well the numerous humans taking the exam at your centre, kindly do not engage in any discussions or interactions that compromise your physical safe space.
2. Candidates must bring their own Mask, Gloves, personal hand sanitizer (50ml), transparent water Bottle, a simple pen and the exam related documents (XAT 2021 Admit Card, ID Card etc.). No other items will be permitted inside the exam venue.
A Mask is a Must. Bring your own mask, a pair of gloves, a sanitiser of 50ml, and a transparent water bottle. These instructions state that you must also bring your own pen, which is contradictory to Point 11 in the general instructions where it was stated that you will be provided with a pen. To be safe, carry a simple pen to the examination centre.
It helps to carry all your exam related documents in a transparent file for organizational convenience.
3. A Candidate must have Aarogya Setu App installed on his mobile phone. The Aarogya Setu dashboard must show the candidate’s risk factor. A candidate will have to show this dashboard to the Security Guard at the entry into the exam venue. THIS IS MANDATORY. In case a candidate does not have a smartphone, he/she will have to bring in a signed declaration to this effect (declaration is provided along with this Admit Card) and show the same to the Security Guard at the entry into the exam venue.
This was not required while writing the CAT. Download and install the app on your phone and update whatever it requires. In case of privacy concerns, disable permissions such as “camera” and “microphone” and uninstall the app after the exam.
In case you do not have a smartphone, you will need to fill in the self-declaration form in the admit card and show the same to the security guard at the entrance.
4. Candidates showing COVID symptoms WILL NOT be allowed entry into the exam venue.
5. Entry of Candidates will be given as per Time Slot given on Hall ticket to maintain Social Distancing at the Centre.
6. Temperature of candidates will be checked at the entry to the exam venue via a Thermo Gun. Only those candidates will be allowed inside the exam venue whose temperature is within the acceptability limits as approved by competent authorities.
I implore every one of you not to mask any ailments by taking a paracetamol or calpol. Your dreams are of utmost importance, yes, but achieving them by putting countless others at risk of death is tantamount to intentional recklessness and a lack of empathy. Please be honest.
7. Mapping of ‘XAT ID and the Lab Number’ will NOT be displayed outside the exam venue, but the same will be provided to the candidates individually at the time of entry of the candidate to the exam venue and post their Admit Card and ID verification.
If you are confused, politely ask the staff for help and maintain social distancing while doing so. Remember, they are also people just doing their jobs.
8. Candidates need to follow directions given by representatives & need to stand in the circles draw at the entry points
Do maintain protocol.
9. At the registration desk, the candidate will be directed to sanitize his / her hands using provided sanitizer. Photographs will be captured during the registration process.
10. Candidates will be under CCTV coverage throughout the exam procedure.
11. Candidates are required to report at the exam venue strictly as per the time slot mentioned in the admit card AND/OR informed via SMS on their registered mobile number prior to exam date. It is expected that candidates strictly adhere to this time slot – as entry into the test center will be provided based upon the individual’s time slot ONLY.
Bear in mind that these XAT 2021 Admit Card guidelines are as much for you as they are for everyone else taking the XAT. Follow the rules properly, stay safe and remember, the XAT is just an exam. Your life is more valuable than it.
A Final Note
The XAT BDM Section is often the toughest section for an XAT Candidate. Read this article to find out how to ace this section! For an overall XAT 2021 Preparation Strategy, read this wonderful article by Agastya Ramesh (XLRI Alumnus).
For everything you need to know about XAT 2021, click on this article!
Stay Safe and Best Wishes for XAT.
Leave a Reply