This blog about IPMAT will give you information about the exam dates for this year’s IPMAT, the eligibility criteria for IPMAT 2020, and the selection criteria for IIM Inodore IPM & IIM Rohtak’s IPM. This year is going to be a bit different from what we’re seeing every year. There’s a complete lockdown in operation across the country, which means that people are going to have that much more time to prepare, and the best way to go about it is with an IPMAT Online Course. But first, lets start with what the IPMAT is?
IPMAT 2020: IIM Rohtak IPM | IIM Indore IPM | Exam Dates, Eligibility, & Selection Criteria
IIM Rohtak & IIM Indore are the only two noteworthy B-Schools that offer an IPM (Integrated Program in Management). This program entails 3 years of Undergraduation, followed by 2 years of Post Graduation where, for the last 2 years, students attend classes along with the normal MBA (or) PGDM batch at both IIMs.
Side note: If you’re preparing for the IPMAT, considering the current Covid-19 situation, you might have to go for an Online course to make sure that you give yourself the best shot at cracking IPMAT this year. Check out 2IIM’s IPMAT Course with 1000+ videos, 8000+ practice questions, and more for IIM Indore IPM & IIM Rohtak IPMAT examinations. Course created by IIT, IIM grads who have collective experience of decades worth of teaching for b school entrance exams. Sign up and try upto 40 hours of content for free by clicking here.
IIM Indore IPM 2020: Eligibility
With regard to the Eligibility of the IIM Indore IPM 2020 Examination, there are three points to note:
- The candidate should be born on or after 1st August, 2000.
- There’s a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/PWD candidates, i.e. should be born on or after 1st August, 1995.
- Completed or pursuing 12th Standard: The candidate must have completed their 12th standard examinations in 2018, 2019. Also candidates that have just appeared for the 2020 Board examinations are eligible to apply.
- Minimum Percentage: Candidates should have a minimum of 60% in both their 10th and 12th standard board examinations. For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum is 55%.
IIM Indore IPM 2020: Important Dates
IIM Indore IPM Application Start Date: Monday, February 17th, 2020.
IIM Indore IPM Application Close Date: Monday, March 30th, 2020 (4 days to go)
IIM Indore IPM Test Date: 30th April, 2020 (Thursday)
Apply for IIM Indore IPM Exam today by filling out this form in their official website (Deadline is March 30th, 2020):
IIM Rohtak IPM 2020 Examination – Eligibility
Wth regard to the eligibility of the IIM Rohtak IPM 2020 Examination, there are only two points to note:
- A minimum of 60% score should be achieved by the candidate in their 10th and 12th standard board exams. For SC/ST/PWD candidates, this cutoff falls down to 55%.
- For any candidate considering applying for this exam, they should have a maximum age of 20 years as on 31st July, 2020.
IIM Rohtak IPM Examination: Important dates
IIM Rohtak IPM Application Start Date: Monday, February 10th, 2020.
IIM Rohtak IPM Application Close Date: Monday, April 6th, 2020 (11 days to go)
IIM Rohtak IPM Test Date: 1st May, 2020 (Thursday)
Apply for IIM Rohtak IPM Exam today by filling out this form in their official website (Deadline is April 6th, 2020): https://g06.tcsion.com//EForms/configuredHtml/2349/64459/Registration.html
To know more about what the IIM Indore IPM or the IIM Rohtak IPM course offers, how many people take the examination, etc watch this Video:
IIM Indore IPM 2020: Selection Criteria
There are two stages where points are allotted to students in the selection process. It’s worthy to note that there is 0 points given to students for academic score. This means, for a student that has scored 95% in both 10th and 12th, and a student that has scored only 61% in 10th and 12th, they both stand (more of less) the same chance as only the IPMAT scores and the Interview performance is valued in the selection criteria of IIM Indore IPM.
|Particulars||Weightage (in %)|
|IPMAT Test Scores (ATS*)||50|
|Personal Interview (PI)||35|
|Written Ability Test||15|
|Composite Score (CS)||Sum of above scores|
*ATS stands for Aptitude Test Score and there is a separate calculation involved for obtaining that. There’s a 35% weightage given to Verbal Ability and the non-MCQ part of Quantitative Aptitude section, and a 30% weightage given to the MCQ part of the Quantitative Aptitude section.
IIM Rohtak IPM Examination: Selection Criteria
Unlike the IIM Indore IPM process, IMI Rohtak’s IPM selection criteria includes weightage for past academics with 10% weightage. See the table below for exact split up.
|Particulars||Weightage (in %)|
|Aptitude Test Score||50|
|Personal Interview (PI)||30|
|Written Ability Test (WAT)||10|
|Composite Score||Sum of above scores|
Note: As of 26 December 2020, the IPM Rohtak official page does not mention any weightages for the parameters listed above
In both colleges, all key events happen a few days ahead or before, compared to the other college.
- IIM Indore IPM & IIM Rohtak IPM is conducted on April 30th and 1st May respectively. .
- The results, along with call letters, will be released in the first or second week of May for both examinations
- The Personal Interview/WAT process will happen between the third and fourth weeks of May.
- Selection lists will be out by the Second week of June.
- College starts by the first week of August.
Best Wishes for IPMAT 2020
Article written by Praveen Thankasala – A perpetual mis-match between what I want to do and what I actually do. Aahh.. I’ve got to go sleep again.